Monday, February 14, 2011

Some V-day Lovin'

Today I caught someone, a few people really, in an act of pure kindness.

It is Valentine's Day - for at least another thirty minutes - and North Park appropriately provided free hot chocolate in Carlson Lobby for all of us lovestruck students running to class. I was content this afternoon with my tea, but a girl in my class brought some up to our room on the fifth floor.

I didn't see it happen. I only heard the commotion and saw the chocolate spreading across the floor. Immediately two girls got up and left the room coming back armed with paper towels. They went to work on the spill and another boy got up and left the room. He returned some time later with a fresh cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

I was so impressed by these people. They did not hesitate, nor did they ask if she needed help. Their response was immediate. I wish that kindness came that naturally to me.

But I don't want to end this post with me. I simply want to draw attention to these three people that, whether believers or not, are living in a way that Christ called us all to live. What an encouragement they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment