Sunday, February 20, 2011

Its okay, we don't like fishies anyway...

Yesterday was beautiful here in Chicago. Perhaps a bit colder than the last few days, but the sun was fantastic.
B. and I decided to take an excursion downtown because we had heard that the Shedd Aquarium was letting people in for free. We waited in line for about 40 minutes in the cold and next to a grumpy mother and her adorably cheerful little girl. When we finally spun through the revolving doors we waited probably another 15-20 minutes. But guess what. The free day was tomorrow.
Needless to say, we forewent the aquarium with its thirty dollar tickets and sought out dinner.

We may have walked the entire city of Chicago before stumbling upon a little Arby's right off Wells. The only other customer in the place was a heavy-set man in his forties who liked Bon Jovi and spoke four languages. He engaged me in conversation from across the room, correctly guessing my age (weird) and telling me all about the theatre. He loves the theatre, but dislikes going alone. Can you see where this is going? He told me, after my curly fries were already stiff and cold to think about it and let him know before I left. Needless to say, though the offer was sweet, I shook his hand and politely declined, wishing him luck in finding a suitable theatre going friend.

I still cannot decide if he was legit or not. But I know that were I to do it all over again, my answer would have been the same. Oh the people you meet in Chicago.

Our fun before we found out we couldn't go see the fish...



1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful Cory! & I love that you got hit on in an Arby's

    ReplyDelete