Thursday, February 24, 2011

A post about reading...


...because that is what I have been doing for the last hour and a half.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I put a little box on my sidebar about what I am currently reading. If you've been really observant, you will have realized that I've been reading Living with Less for a few months now.

What a joke.

In reality, it sits on my bedside table under my journal, my bible, and Oswald quite literally collecting dust. If its lucky, it goes on a little trip to the gym with me, and I glance at a page or two while biking smearing sweat all over the text.
I think I will have to shelf it and come back to it this summer.
In the meantime, I really am reading a book called Approaches to Paul by Magnus Zetterholm. He looks just like his name sounds. I love it.

It is, in all honesty, a difficult read, especially considering I have to write thought out, critical summaries of each chapter twice a week. However, it has been an eye opening experience - the whole class has been.
Tonight I plan on hitting up the library to find a good classic to read on the side. Though I don't have much free time, I've seen that my writing suffers when I don't keep my nose in a book. I forget how to spell things and lose what grasp I had on grammar.

I'm thinking Dracula. I've never read it.

4 comments:

  1. Is there a "Approaches to Paul and Zombies?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then Paul left Antioch because it had become overrun with zombies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not without precedent:

    Matt. 27:52ff - and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many...

    Not sure if they craved brains or not...

    ReplyDelete