Sunday, November 20, 2011

A few things...

God is doing too much to fit into a tiny, little blog post. And I'll admit that I'm a little tired, and worn out. I've been sick for almost three straight weeks. It is wearing me down - I can't wait to be home this week.
The girls that I live with are a gift from God. He planned this out, I know it. We have shared so many tears, so much joy, and so much life stuff that I can't even believe it has only been three months that we have lived together. I am so blessed to be a part of each of their lives.

I've been nannying for a family since September. Two little girls - an almost four-year-old, and a little baby just under a year, I think. She's such a chubs! And always happy :) They are so special to me. But lately the 4yr.old (Em) has been acting up. She'll get really pouty and tell me she is grumpy, but if I give it time she'll usually come around and we have lots of fun.
Last week I asked her why she was sad and pouty and she told me that she misses her mommy. She said "she never plays with me anymore. I miss her." It broke my heart. We talked about it for a few minutes and I tried to tell her that her mommy loves her so much, and that I know she plays with her still. But she told me that mommy never pushes her on the swings anymore (which explains why she cried when we swang at the park the week before and she said she wanted her mom). I know that she is only 4, but I feel like there is something going on, and I want so badly to help. After we talked I grabbed her and put her and the baby on my lap and she said "can I cuddle with you?" So we sat and I sang to her. It was just so heartbreaking. And I'm not really sure what to do about it. But I feel blessed and grateful that God brought me to this family. I am so lucky to be a part of their lives. Advice and prayers are always welcome :)

And now to the actual point of this post: I've uploaded a few new poems to my other blog (corytravels.blogspot.com). Check it out if you're interested (cough, dad, cough) :) If you want to view it, you must be invited by me so shoot me an email, cjuchems@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment