Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tremont Beckons...

Guess what book I've read twice this semester? Rediscovering Paul! And no, it was not by choice. I have read it twice and written a 600 word essay on each of the twelve chapters as well as summarized every main point, sub point, sub-sub point, and chapter heading in the book - nineteen pages worth of summarizing. Its been awesome.

To any future professors out there, this is a terrible alternative to a final exam. Just sayin.

But I'll be serious for a moment here and just tell you all that God has actually been awesome. He's always been awesome.
A few weeks ago my former Java Junction boss, Karol Holmes, called me about watching her son three days a week over the summer. She wondered if I was interested. Heck yes I was interested! Not only do I absolutely love Karol and her family, but she was actually going to pay me to do this :) The hand of God, people.
The next week my mom emailed me and told me that my cousin was in charge of hiring at the restaurant that she works at, and they were really needing some people soon. We're still working on that one.
And finally, a woman from Morton emailed me through sittercity.com that she needed a little extra help with her kids two days a week this summer.
Whoa.
Two, possibly three jobs this summer? After two semesters of absolutely nothing? Not even a phone call?
I love how ridiculous God is. It makes it a joy to serve him.
Thank you to everyone who prayed about this for me. It has been rough, but God brought me through so much because of it, and I can't say that I'd change any of it. His plans are greater, and this is better.

Here are some pics from my last week of school. I can't wait to be home :)


Reading Paul on the greenspace.


My future roomates on a beach date :)


Finals week breakfast bash at Tre Kronor.


After our DELICIOUS breakfast. We're so cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment